Sunday, January 3, 2010

Entry 2

So I now have to write two journals today, as I was not able to write anything yesterday. Here is entry one for the day.
I went out to eat last night with a friend of mine. I told her about my idea of having my own personal Iron Chef thing for desserts. She didn't go to school with me, but is supportive of my future. That always helps. We decided I should have a tasting party every time I find out the desserts I want to make. I think this is a good idea. It will not only help me with suggestions on how to change things, but it can also expose my creations to my friends, who, in turn, can pass the word on. I just need to start doing this.
While we were out, we got desserts. The restaurant we ate at has dessert "shots" which has almost become a new thing at restaurants. To my surprise, the shots I had were really good! I had a chocolate cake and a lemon pie shot. The only thing I really didn't like with the chocolate cake is they put cherry syrup on the bottom. That's not my most favorite combination. sometimes I wish restaurants wouldn't do that. I guess if I didn't want it I just wouldn't eat the bottom layer of the cake. Oh well. It was still good, and we are going to go back and just eat the desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment