Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ireland

I saw "Leap Year" last night with a friend. If you are not familiar with the movie, it takes place in Ireland. Oh the places they went and the views, ah, I was in love. I always wanted to go to Ireland. I even started a "Mindy's Ireland Fund" container to save up to go! All I thought about on the way home was going to Ireland. Then I started thinking, what if I really really LOVE Ireland and want to live there for a while? I would never abandon my USA, so I would have to move back eventually. Then I started thinking of opening my own bake shop out there! Do I open it in a small village or a large town, like Dublin? That would be two completely different styles. Do I serve Irish desserts and pastries or American? Or do I do a combination? I now want to get an Irish recipe book with traditional Irish pastries and desserts. I should practice now, so that in two years, when my funds are enough, I can go and visit, and then live there. OR I could visit all sorts of patisseries and get ideas, and maybe even some recipes, and then open my own Irish patisserie here! Right now there's an Irish restaurant in town! Surely I could succeed with a patisserie! Oh that would be so cool... So many ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment