Saturday, February 6, 2010

the interview

I called the patisserie around 10 the following Tuesday to let them know I was still interested in the position. I got the owner and she had not talked with the manager yet so she was not really sure what was going on. So I told her the manager told me to call on Tuesday to let them know I was interested, and expressed that I was. She wanted to make sure my resume was there somewhere and she will talk with the manager when she comes in and they will give me a call back later that day. So I waited.
I get the call back and they wanted me to come in for a working interview the following Wednesday. I said I will be there, then fear came back. What are they going to have me do? Oh what if I cannot meet their expectations! I began refreshing on how to make certain things, and hoped my mind would not fail me at the interview.
Wednesday finally came and I was so nervous. I just had to keep a good head on my shoulders and keep my station clean. I had to make 4 large tarts. The jam they use is really expensive, so she stressed on not wasting any. No pressure there! So I made the shells, put the jams and fruit in, then had to pipe the latus on. She demonstrated one and then I had to do the other three. The first one was really rough, and halfway through, she helped me with the technique. By the time I got to the last one, it almost looked like hers! She was very impressed how well and how quickly I picked up on things. At the end she told me she would like to hire me and asked if I could start the next day! Yes please! And so my new career began. The only downfall, ok there are two, is that it is not a full time job, and the pay is not quite what I needed. So I still have to stay at my other job for now until I am able to obtain another part time job or they give me a great raise, like double! So my journey begins as a baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment