Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Entry 4

I've decided not to give these creative titles, as I sometimes don't really know what I'm going to write about. Or I will start out talking about what I thought I was going to talk about, but then it turns into something different, as my mind tends to release on these.
I had to work late last night so I was not able to put an entry in, so here it is. We have a brand new owner at the store and he was there a little bit last night, learning some of the ways the business runs. He has a lot to learn I think. And not necessarily with the business, but he knows nothing of chocolate, or anything else. He's a financial gooroo that buys and sells bonds and stuff. Which is fine, he just doesn't know anything about retail, or the store or managing or anything. I don't know how much he's already learned from others in the store or at training (i think he had to do a corp training) so I just kind of told him some stuff here and there. We were dipping candied orange slices, and he was so impressed that they can do that! so I was explaining to him how they make it candied. I guess I did learn something in school! No, I did learn a lot. It was just interesting for me to finally share some of the knowledge.
I need to start looking for jobs. I just hate doing that. I don't want to stay at this store as the manager is awful, although I think the owner is seeing that and will probably be doing something about that. And the place I am currently, well, it just isn't a place where I can grow with my career. It's more a place for those who are in college and trying to get by, not someone who has been to a culinary school and has ambitions bigger than the world. I need to not let myself be stuck there. That would be bad, very very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment